May 3, 2016

Thomases Celebrate 50 - Continued

Here are a scattering of pictures that as an amateur photographer I cringe to make public, but I also realize that sometimes you have to let go and enjoy them for what they are. So enjoy.

The handsome Kelton Turner consenting to pose with me.

I must be laughing at one of Don Singh's corny jokes.

The poised and graceful Kelsey.

A moment of tenderness as Merlin and Ranjith croon, "I bless the day I found you."

Gorgeous Lisa and Lynne.

My favorite was the appetizers -- samosas, phoolgobi and mirchi pakoras.

The main meal was superbly prepared. Raphael vouches the same for the chicken dishes.


Uncle's niece Vatsala (nee Edwards). Once SMC freshmen together.

Katie (Merlin's wife) and daughters.

The one you may not recognize right away is dear friend Manusha.

Noelle, directing the event set up.

My haircut looks pretty good from the side as well.

Leela, still sweet as ever, and her talented Ranjith who performed an original composition during the evening.

Helen Edwards and me. Bhasker, her husband and Uncle's nephew, showed me pictures of dad and mum he had on his phone.

Dan, forever the charmer, and Elaine Skoretz. Friends from CUC days.

Don and Lisa in their own world.

Trevin and Jayden piecing together parts of $5 bills from Raphael.

Don and Lynne's kids seated on the right side.

Kiana practices her braiding.

Anusha, thanks for the best smile of the evening.

Uncle's grandniece Elizabeth, with Martha.

Uncle's nephew (son of Rani) and fiance.

Leela with Uncle's nephew (Rani's son) and niece Priya

Terrill and Fern's families perform an original composition by Kevin.

With the first lady of the evening.

Uncle's art on sanddollar shells was raffled at each table. I got lucky.

The printed program. Couldn't figure out how to rotate this picture.


And now the next half century. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment