July 7, 2015

Amtrak Train to Chicago

IRaphael and I are on our way to spend a few days with Preeti, as well as with Andrew and Arturo who are in Chicago for a conference from Brazil.

I find train travel preferable to plane trips-- more relaxing, wider seats, more leg room, and friendly fellow travelers.


My lunch--tortilla wrap with humus, avocado, cheese, tomato and basil leaves--was yummy. Thanks to Raphael who packed the food. 

Now you see why we carried food. The food options on the train are limited.


Kansas City was a 45 minute stop so we took a sightseeing side trio.


After Raphael turned back, I ran most of the way across the green to the monument--wondering all the while if some unforeseen random event would prevent me from getting back to the train in time.


Some other misc pics including sunrise this morning, Amish at breakfast, and a bad bad picture of the Mississippi River. Can you spell Mississippi backwards?


No comments:

Post a Comment